You’re going to see a lot of info on this page. So much of how we operate has changed. Please give us a call if you feel overwhelmed: 407-317-6805. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love you to register and pay prior to entering studio but it is not required. If you show up and want to register at the front desk, please be advised that we will need a few extra minutes to set up your waivers and payment. Space is first come, first served. Weekends often fill up so the best way to make sure you have a spot is to register and pay ahead of time. Please keep a credit card on file. If you want to purchase something during your visit, this helps you get out quickly and assures your package will never lapse. We take cash, credit cards, and venmo.
- ALSO: We are pleased to offer loaner props, available in the studio. We have a very limited amount of loaners mats. Please bring your own mat. Mats are personal, high-touch, and you’ll want to bring one if you can. Please arrive to your class with whatever you need for your practice.
- Please bring water or buy from the staff. No water refills available in studio
- Are you new to yoga? Allow us to help you get familiar with the scene before you arrive. You will always be greeted, given a tour, and made to feel welcome to be yourself exactly as you are, in our space. Please feel free to share your pronouns with us and we will do the same. We will ask how you are feeling, if you have an injuries and we ask that you be proactive and honest in sharing. If you would feel more comfortable speaking to our owner and asking medical related questions privately, please email email@example.com
- Basics classes are offered Tuesday evening at 6pm. Look for Basics on the schedule. If those times don’t match when you can get here, you can also feel free to try any of our Hatha, Restorative, Gentle or Slow Flow classes. Tell your instructor you are new. They can keep an eye out and discreetly support you through the class.
- In the studio, please no food, no gum, no glass, and water bottles must be sealed. If you spill, flag your instructor and just grab paper towel. Its fine. Life happens.
- Please do not apply perfume or heavy lotions prior to class. Odor sensitivities and/or allergies are common.
- Good personal hygiene shows respect to our own self and body, therefor we can’t neglect it. Our studio and practice is close-knit.
- Please be on time, arriving 20-15 minutes ahead of class. Please allow ample time for parking. Parking is available out front, anywhere that doesn’t block our front door. There are paved and gravel portions of our lot, off of Bumby Ave. We are on the right-hand-side.
- We are trying to keep everyone safe in our studio. Behavior in class that is disruptive, movements outside of exploring your postures, or if we see you making others uncomfortable, will get you bounced.
- Check in with your full legal name at the front desk before entering the studio, please. Make sure your account has your legal, full name. If your account just has your last initial, we will ask you to fill that in before entering.
- Due to COVID, we can no longer allow for latecomers. Punctuality is very Peacock. We lock our doors at all time for safety.
- Please remove shoes before entering the studio and place your objects into the lockers provided at the back. We are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items.
- Phones are not encouraged on the studio floor during practice and must be put to OFF. If you are someone that needs to keep your phone close for an emergency or safety reasons, please do. Please keep alerts silent. You are empowered to do what you need to do to feel comfortable and still respectful of other students. We trust you.
- Our lobby and desk opens 20 minutes before each class. If you arrive early, you are welcome to hang in the fresh air by the door
- If you would like to buy a gift card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We ask that you stay for the entirety of your class. If you have special circumstances, please let your instructor know. They will direct you where to set up.
- We love great conversations, but our studio closed promptly after class to clean between classes.
- Our special events are non-refundable, non-transferable. We are holding a space for you and if we can’t use it, we can’t pay the host for teaching you. Event tickets are like concert tickets.